Buying online is an activity on the agenda. In Italy, 60% of the population prefers to buy comfortably from home rather than in retail stores, saving time and money. But how safe is it to enter credit card or prepaid card information on the Internet? Very often, before sending a purchase order successfully, we are asked to enter the CVV code: what is it?
1. CVV code for added security
The acronym CVV stands for Card Validation Value, sometimes it is possible to meet it as CVC (Card Validation Code) or as CIN (Card Identification Number), and it is nothing more than a three-digit code shown in the credit, debit or prepaid. However, it is important to underline that these three acronyms all have the same function: to ensure greater security for payment cards, especially during online transactions.
It was first introduced in the 1990s as a security tool to protect in-store purchases and avoid fraudulent behavior, such as credit card cloning. This code is usually found on the back of the card and, unlike other embossed bank account information, it is a code printed in ink. Instead, American Express cards appear where it is more common to find a four-digit CVV code printed on the front of the card. Now buy CVV online through authentic websites in case of expiration or card lost as CVV Shop.
This code is not to be confused with the PIN associated with the card to authorize payments, as the CVV does not recognize the legitimacy of the owner but certifies that the card is actually and physically present during the purchase. To date, new security systems have been revised and implemented to protect banking data, especially when making online payments. For example, one of these is the OTP code – One Time Password – that is an SMS or a verification code generated thanks to the smartphone app, which performs the same function as a CVV code but in a more advanced way.
2. How safe is the Contactless purchase method?
Unlike credit or debit cards used in previous generations, cards with magnetic strips and intelligent microprocessor chip technology allow easy recognition and total protection of the cardholder’s credentials as well as perform cryptographic calculations to protect communication. With the POS terminal during the payment process. Using a Contactless card means making monetary transactions using radio waves and special chips that are almost impossible to tamper with or clone, and less vulnerable to fraud.
3. Watch out for online scams: some useful tips
As practical and efficient as they are, purchases made on the web are increasingly prone to theft and breach by scammers who could potentially use malware to capture card data during virtual transactions. For this reason it is good to always keep an eye on when communicating such important data to digital platforms. To be safe when shopping online, here are some precautions:
Visit Here: wcowlnews
- Use a password manager: A free computer program that creates and stores complex and unique passwords for each site. A simple, but often overlooked, way to increase online security.
- Never save personal data on the web : even if it may seem convenient and hasty, it is better to lose a few more seconds and enter your credit card details with each purchase.
- Use virtual cards : this mode allows you to create temporary account numbers other than the card number, without compromising availability. Alternatively, it is preferable to use prepaid and reloadable cards.
- Buy only on reputable websites: Before making online purchases, make sure the website is official and certified.
- Monitor your accounts – Check your statements for suspicious activity and also periodically check your credit reports.
- Activate payment notifications : a text message or an e-mail that informs you when a payment, even of small amounts, is made successful.read more : expressdigest
While today’s best credit cards have extensive security features, it’s important to guard against increasingly frequent scams and cheating. Do your best to prevent fraud, remember to check your accounts often and protect your personal passwords and security codes.