The Best Things to Do When In A Car Accident in Arizona
When in a car accident in Arizona, there are specific steps you should take right away to protect your legal rights. This article will provide you with information about what you need to do when in a car accident in Arizona.
1. Exchange Information with the Other Party
You should exchange information with the other driver(s) involved in the accident as soon as possible. You will need to give them your name, address, phone number, insurance company and policy number. You should also get their personal information, including their full name, current address, phone number, driver’s license number and license plate number.
If the other party is a company, you should get the name and address of the registered agent of that company. You will also need to determine if the other driver(s) are insured and what insurance they have.
You should ask witnesses for their full names and phone numbers as well, so you can contact them later in case you need to.
2. Take Pictures of the Accident and Scene
Take pictures of the accident scene, including any skid marks or other damage at the scene. You should also take a picture of your vehicle from every angle (including inside) and another picture of your injuries, if possible. If someone was injured in the accident, you should take photos of their injuries.
3. Get Contact Information from Witnesses
If there are any witnesses to the accident, you must get their contact information. You might need to call them later to give complete statements or testimony for your case.
4. Report the Accident to Police
You should report the accident to the police as soon as possible. If the other party leaves the scene, you should still call the police right away and file a report.
5. Contact an Attorney as Soon as Possible after the Accident
This step is significant for those who have been seriously injured in a car accident or believe their injuries may result in a large settlement. After the accident, you should contact an experienced Peoria car accident lawyer right away to discuss your case and options.
There are benefits to following these steps, including:
- You will have evidence of the accident, including pictures, statements from witnesses and other drivers, police reports.
- It allows you to get complete information about what insurance you are dealing with for future legal matters regarding your case.
- You may be able to file an injury claim even if your injuries are minor or covered by health insurance. It can help you pay for medical bills, lost wages and other costs.
An experienced car accident attorney can help you protect your legal rights after a car accident. Depending on your case, they may contact the other party’s insurance company to start negotiations or file a lawsuit if necessary.
These are some of the most critical steps after a car accident in Arizona. If an attorney is hired, they can help make sure that evidence is preserved and presented correctly and give advice about what should be done ASAP. They can also advise you about which insurance company to contact first and negotiate on your behalf.