Cakes have been a part of every feast and occasion that one can name. These sweet delights notch up the celebration satiating every sweet tooth and winning the hearts of people. Well, to impress people bakers come up with some creative cakes and one such innovative cake that they brought into people’s life is a photo cake. In the past two to three years, these cakes have grabbed the attention of a good number of people. Many people love to cut this photo cake and enjoy their time remembering the good memories they share. It is easy to get photo cake delivery in Chennai or in other cities from a reliable portal but, to impress, you might want to bake this lip-smacking edible photo cake by yourself. Therefore, today, we have come up with an easy-peasy recipe for you. So, let’s have a look at the ingredients and instructions to bake this edible photo cake at home.
For Vanilla Cake
- 1 cup milk powder
- Vanilla essence
- Milk as required
- 4 cups refined flour
- 1 and ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted softened butter
- Choco chips, sprinkles and other toppings
- Different shaped nozzle
- Whipped cream
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Edible photo print
- Liquid food colour
- Disposable cone
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius, and alongside that line the cake pan with parchment paper.
- Take a large bowl, start adding dry ingredients that include milk powder, refined flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar. Combine them all together, leaving no lumps behind.
- Add butter to the mixture and mix well. Now, it is time to add lukewarm milk to it.
- Start adding milk to the dry ingredients. Make sure, the milk is not overflowing and the batter remains not too thick, not too thin.
- Add vanilla extract to the mixture, beat the mixture for two minutes, cover the batter and leave it aside for 15 minutes.
- Now pour the batter into the cake pan and dab it to the surface. Once the cake is settled down, no air bubbles are visible, keep the cake in the oven.
- Bake it for 25-30 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Until the cake is baked, take the whipped cream and beat it nicely. Add sugar to it and vanilla extract and mix it with the help of an electric mixer until fluffy and smooth.
- Cover the mixture and keep it aside.
- Now take the cake out and allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Take the cake out of the cake pan. Now take a part of whipped cream and apply it at the sides and at the top.
- Level the cream with a leveller but do not overdose the cake with cream. Now, add the edible photo print to the cake.
- The print can be a cartoon, a person or anything you like. Take the back paper off of the edible photo print and smoothly apply it to the cake. Paste it in the centre, so that it covers the whole cake properly.
- Now take the part of the whipped cream kept aside. Add the food colour of your choice and beat it again for a minute or so.
- Attach the nozzle of your choice to the disposable cone and add cream to it. Add designs to the sides of the cake with the nozzle.
- Now, if you want, you can make a chocolate ganache to adorn the sides or use chocolate shavings and choco chips as well.
- Apart from that, you can also add sprinkles and finely chopped fruits to give it a royal look.
- Voila! Your delightful and lip-smacking photo cake is ready to serve.
This is such an easy and appetising recipe. Isn’t it? Well, this might be easy for us but we would like to know – What are your thoughts reading this beautiful recipe that we curated for you? Do you find it easy to make? Well, we believe if you follow every instruction that we mentioned, you will be able to make a toothsome photo cake for your dear ones. But if you are still not comfortable baking it, opt for online midnight cake delivery Chennai. Try your best – you will be able to make this cake in no time.