Polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS is a hormonal disorder triggered by enlarged ovaries that develop cysts on their outer edges over time. The most immediate response is an irregular period occurrence which might cause infertility.
PCOS is highly prolific among women of different age groups. Environmental factors, sedentary life choices, and bad eating habits can cumulatively contribute to this disorder. It can also induce other diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and cancer.
Hence, treating it at a preliminary stage is imperative as for some women it is their dream to bear a child someday and expand their family. Being ripped away from these basic pleasures can take a toll on one’s mental health and cause unhappiness. Therefore, there are numerous infertility treatment available in today’s world to combat these issues.
In the presence of excess androgens (male sex hormone), women experience numerous anomalies. Usually, the cycle works with ovulation, where a mature egg is released by the ovaries to be fertilized by the sperm.
However, in case of not being fertilized, the egg is thrown away from the body in the form of periods. When ovulation does not occur in a woman’s body, she can be termed infertile. It prevents her from bearing children because it tampers her menstrual cycle and does not produce ovulation hormones. Infertility treatments are an easy way out of this pickle.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU HAVE PCOS?
- Irregular periods are a significant indicator of PCOS. If it has been a sporadic occurrence, consult a gynecologist immediately.
- Unusual body hair growth is another evidence of PCOS. Women usually possess scantier hair on their bodies. The hair growth around their stomach, back, and chest is barely visible. However, if a person feels that this manifestation is more prominent than usual, they probably suffer from PCOS.
- Bizarre weight gain, typically around the belly, is another symptom to look out for. This weight gain is stubborn and requires excess workouts and diet changes to exhibit visible results.
- Sufferers may also experience oiler skin with excess breakouts.
- Hair thinning is a part of these manifestations.
- Infertility is the most significant cause of concern because it can have devastating ramifications.
- Look out for dark skin patches around the armpits, neck, below the breasts, and the back.
Although one might assume that medication alone can remedy the troubles away, it is not enough. People have to undergo significant life changes to avert the damage caused by PCOS. They have to focus on maintaining a healthy weight which is calculated through body mass index.
Medication in conjunction with weight loss is proven to have remarkable breakthroughs. They induce periods through different drugs, which might become regular in time. It is important to remember that people cannot return to their old lifestyle habits after hard work because the effects will lose longevity.
The most crucial facet of treating infertility is irregular periods. However, if they remain unsuccessful, technology has made several leaps and bounds that enable treatments like IVF, which also help with pregnancy.
Medicines such as Metformin, Clomifene, and several others have exhibited their influence among infertile women. It lowers the susceptibility of miscarriages as well as blood pressure or heart diseases. Stomach pain, vomiting, and diarrhea are a few negative symptoms followed by its intake.
PCOS is not a life-threatening disease and neither is infertility. Conferring with a proficient doctor might yield a way out.