How to Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android with Zero Data Loss
The problem of trying to WhatsApp iPhone to Android is one that every ‘phone switcher’ moving from iOS to Android will face at one time or another. If you’ve ever been in that situation, you’ll know how hard it is to do such a transfer. That’s because the cloud backups for WhatsApp on iOS or iPadOS devices are not compatible with those taken on Google Drive on Android phones and tablets. Moreover, many third-party applications that claim to be able to transfer WhatsApp will only transfer some data types and not others. Does that mean you cannot get your WhatApp data migrated from an iPhone to an Android smartphone? Absolutely not! This article gives you two seamless ways to do transfer whatsapp from iphone to android with zero hassles and, more importantly, zero data loss.
Is there an Official WhatsApp Transfer Method for iPhone to Android Data Migration?
Yes, a few months ago, WhatsApp introduced a workaround to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android using an OTG adapter and the Samsung SmartSwitch app as the intermediary application. The process is complex and there are several restrictions and limitations that you should be aware of.
- Only works with some Samsung Galaxy super-premium models
- Requires an OTG adapter or Lightning to USB Type-C cable
- Does not work for Android to iPhone WhatsApp transfers
- Does not transfer all WhatsApp data
- Users will be forced to switch to a new phone number
- Transferred chats will not merge with other chats with the same contact
- The new Samsung phone must be new or factory-reset
- Specific versions (or higher) of the WhatsApp iOS and Android apps are required
- Specific versions (or higher) of the Samsung SmartSwitch app is required
Such a long list of dealbreakers is bound to make people hesitate to try this method. Unfortunately, this is the only official way to transfer WhatsApp from an iPhone to an Android device.
Thankfully, because of this huge gap that WhatApp left in the data transfer market, several third-party apps have cropped up to fill the gap. Prime among these is Wondershare MobileTrans – WhatsApp Transfer, a desktop utility, as well as MobileTrans for Mobile, a mobile app you can download from the Play Store and the App Store. These two tools use different methods to transfer all your WhatsApp data from one device to another regardless of whether they’re running Android or iOS. Both methods are 100% safe and will guarantee that none of your WhatsApp data will be left behind on the old device – the iPhone.
Method 1: Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android with MobileTrans Desktop App
In this method, we’ll be installing MobileTrans – WhatsApp on a desktop, which will act as the intermediary device to facilitate a seamless data transfer from a WhatsApp account on an iPhone to a different WhatsApp number on an Android phone. Let’s look at the process in detail:
- Launch the MobileTrans application and select the Transfer WhatsApp module on the welcome or home page
- Connect both devices to the computer using their respective charging cables and select WhatsApp from the list of social media messaging apps in the pop-up window
- On your computer screen, you’ll see both devices – use the Flip button to bring the iPhone to the left, since that will be the source device
- Click on Start and wait for the transfer to be completed before ejecting and unplugging the phones
On the Android phone, you will now be able to see all your transferred WhatsApp data.
Benefits of using MobileTrans – WhatsApp Transfer
- No fussing with versions, phone number changes, etc.
- No need for any special cables or adapters
- Take backups of WhatsApp to the computer and export via HTML or PDF
- Restore WhatsApp data from your computer to any other mobile device
- Zero data loss – all data gets transferred to the target device
- A simple, one-click transfer process
Method 2: Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android with MobileTrans for Mobile (without PC)
If you don’t want to use a computer for the WhatsApp transfer, you can opt for the mobile version of MobileTrans. The iOS and Android apps will allow you to do a clean WhatsApp transfer with just a Lightning to USB Type-C cable or an equivalent OTG adapter. Here’s what you need to do to make that happen:
- First, install the MobileTrans mobile apps on your iPhone and the Android device
- Next, connect the source and target devices to each other using the cable
- Choose the first transfer method (without PC)
- Once the devices have been authenticated, the WhatsApp data from the iPhone will first be copied, and a restorable backup that works with Android will be created
- Finally, register your new WhatsApp number on the Android device and follow the on-screen instructions to restore the copied backup from the iPhone
Once the process is over, you’ll be able to see all your WhatsApp data from the iPhone on the Android device.
Benefits of using MobileTrans for Mobile
- No computer required
- Seamless transfer with zero data loss
- No need for Wi-Fi or mobile data to do the transfer
- Cross-OS backup compatibility
- User-friendly process
Using these two tools is highly recommended depending on whether you need an intermediary computer or you’re happy just using a connecting cable. They can be used for two-way transfers between iOS and Android or even between two devices running the same mobile operating system. Moreover, MobileTrans not only supports WhatsApp and WhatsApp business data transfers but also WeChat, Viber, Kik, and LINE. And best of all, you can transfer all phone data from one device to another when switching phones, since both methods support this. The real clincher, however, is the convenience it brings to what’s essentially a very complex process. No other method can give you the peace of mind you get when you have an effortless way to move your entire digital and chat life from one device to another without having to worry about OS incompatibility, process complexity, or device eligibility.