Discord is a free messenger that allows users to share voice, video, and text content with friends, gaming communities, and developers. It has hundreds of millions of users, making it one of the most popular ways to connect with people online. Discord can be used on almost all popular platforms and devices, including Windows, Mac OS, Linux, iOS, iPad OS, Android, and web browsers. Discord can also be used as a regular messenger since it allows users to send simple text messages.
The messenger quickly found popularity among gamers. Its great demand is due to low system requirements, free access for full-fledged work, as well as the ability to create separate chat rooms of interest. Nowadays, over 350 million users are registered in the system.
Features of the Platform
The portal offers a great variety of tools and functionalities for communication. Thus, both business owners and ordinary Internet users can benefit from it:
- The ability to create groups, communities, and separate servers with several channels. Each community (group or channel) has an administrator who can appoint different roles to participants and give them additional rights.
- The ability to make both private and public chats and calls, as well as arrange online conferences. All the common options for virtual communication are supported.
- Video and audio content exchange in chats. The system allows users to upload files of up to 8 MB for free. Higher limits are set for paid versions of the platform.
- A “Streamer” mode. This option allows staying anonymous during streams and avoiding nasty notifications.
- Screen demonstration with or without sound. This tool is widely used during conferences and group meetings when introducing new products or having daily calls.
- Users can share links with previews and big files that cannot be uploaded directly to the chat.
- A user-friendly responsive interface with buttons and icons, which simplify navigation.
- A convenient search filter with multiple options that help find the needed content quickly.
- Compatibility with portable devices. The system runs on different gadgets, both desktop and mobile. There are apps for Android and iOS smartphones and tablets. The platform can run directly in a browser.
How does it Work?
From the tech side, the platform has dozens of charts (called servers within the system). Such servers are created according to interests. Each server has an administrator who regulates the activity within the community. The number of participants can reach several thousand. Within one community, participants can create smaller groups and private chat rooms.
Joining a server is free, but in most cases, participants are invited since most communities are private ones and created for certain purposes.
How to register an account on the Platform?
There are two common ways to create account Discord and join the desired community:
- through a Web browser;
- via a mobile phone
Registration via the Web Browser
To sign up for Discord via a desktop account, download the software first. When the installation is complete, follow the guide:
- Go to the official website.
- Scroll down the home page until you see the “Registration” button.
- In the pop-up window, enter a valid email address, as well as create a login and password.
- Confirm that you are not a robot and enter the captcha if prompted.
This completes the registration. When the profile is created, you will be transferred to the browser version of the messenger. But the functionality of a browser version is limited, and some functions are not valid. Thus, it is better to run a downloaded program and use all the functionality fully.
Profile Creation via Mobile Gadgets
If you want to make a Discord account and use the system via Android and iPhone, you can find the app in the Google Play Market or the App Store. Depending on the software used, visit the corresponding store and seek the software.
- Initiate the download.
- Install the app.
- Come up with a nickname and password. Here, you also have to enter an email address.
Ways to Verify a Profile
Note that a phone number is not required to register the account in the system. Newbies should enter only email. However, systems administrators can arrange sudden checks to verify users’ identities. Usually, they do it via occasional phone verification. To stay anonymous and ensure 100% security, users can specify a fake phone number for Discord.
Possible Problems when Surfing the Discord Community
Many users claim that the platform is a sweet place for all sorts of scammers and a target for hackers. It is true that nowadays, hacker attacks are a common case on the Internet. Thus, many users are afraid of specifying their real data.
A fake virtual phone number is an excellent way out. It allows verifying profiles and accounts while staying completely protected from right infringement. Online numbers allow receiving SMSs, creating multiple accounts, and enjoying unlimited access to all resources, while keeping personal data 100% confidential.
Can you have 2 Discord accounts?
It is possible to create multiple accounts if you have two email addresses and several phone numbers. If you need more than one profile, you can buy a fake virtual number and create as many profiles as you need.
Is Discord safe for 11-year-olds?
Not really. Discord is quite secure, but when it comes to children, they can come across fraudsters and get into the trap of scammers. As a result, they can become victims of illegal actions, such as blackmailing or stalking.
Is it possible to delete the account?
Yes, surely. However, if you are an owner of a server, you should transfer all the rights for your servers to other users first. Then, press the “Delete” button and deactivate your profile.