The manual tax collecting technique was phased out in 2004 in favour of the Online Tax Accounting System (OLTAS). It was implemented with the goal of decreasing human error.
Anyone other than a corporation, such as a person, must have tax deducted, thus the greatest business ideas in Bihar, Kerala, and other parts of India are easily favoured with the challan system’s simple tax deduction method.
What is itns 281 challan?
Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) and Tax Collected at Source (TCS) challan ITNS 281 – issued for depositing TDS and TCS (TCS)
How can I file tds 281 challan?
The steps for filing tds 281 challan are given below.
- Go to the e-Tax Payment System website and log in.
- Select Challan No./ ITNS 281 from the drop-down menu.
- Fill in the needed information, such as your TAN number, address, payment method, bank name, and so on, and then click Proceed.
- The confirmation screen will appear; double-check the information submitted.
- “Submit to the bank” should be selected.
- For net-banking purposes, enter the user id and password issued by the bank.
- Submit the form.
- A challan counterfoil with the CIN number, payment information, and bank name will be shown after successful payment.
How do I pay itns 280?
The steps to pay are given below.
- Go to the website of the TIN NSDL.
- Select ‘e-payment: Pay Taxes Online’ from the ‘Services’ menu.
- Select ‘INCOME TAX & CORPORATION TAX (CHALLAN 280)’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘(0021) Income Tax (Other than Companies)’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select your desired ‘Type of Payment’ from the six alternatives available, which include (300) Self Assessment Tax.
- Select your “payment mode.”
- Fill in your PAN and the year of evaluation.
- Fill up your personal information, such as your home address, phone number, and email address.
- After entering the CAPTCHA code, click the ‘Proceed’ button.
- Check and double-check all of the tax payment information on the screen.
- Double-check that the spelling of your name on the screen corresponds to the one on your PAN.
- Check the ‘I agree’ box under the statement ‘Approval is supplied to NSDL e-Gov’ to provide your consent to the NSDL e-Gov.
- Select ‘Submit to the Bank’ from the drop-down menu.
- Access your online banking account.
- Fill up the specifics and your ‘tax challan receipt’ will appear when the transaction is completed properly. This receipt serves as evidence of payment.
Hence making TDS payments through Challan 281 is a regulatory requirement for businesses to stay in compliance. If you are planning to run a business in Bihar, filing itns 281 challan would be a good idea. The best business ideas in Bihar are often successful because they follow this norm and avoid any sort of penalty. There is some great advice on how to set up your business in Bihar on Khatabok. To avoid costly penalties, it’s critical to make TDS payments on time.